A corner sink base in the kitchen is a specialized cabinet that is designed to accommodate a traditional kitchen sink in the corner of the cabinet run. This type of sink placement is particularly useful in kitchens with limited space or in those that are designed in an “L” or “U” shape. The corner sink base maximizes the use of space by placing the sink in the corner of the kitchen, allowing for more counter space to be available on either side of the sink.
Some properties of a corner base sink:
- Space-Saving: A corner sink base is designed to fit into a corner of the kitchen, which makes it an excellent space-saving solution for small or medium-sized kitchens.
- L-Shaped Design: A corner sink base has an L-shaped design that allows it to fit snugly in the corner of a cabinet run, which maximizes the use of space.
- Customizable: The cabinet is custom designed to adapt to the base cabinet, backsplash, and top cabinetry to provide a configuration that allows for ergonomic use of the space.
- Sink Type: A corner sink base uses a common sink type, but the sink basin used in this design is usually trapezoidal or oval in shape and does not have attached faucets to allow for flexibility in placement based on the pre-existing pipe locations.
- Access to pipes and wiring: A corner sink base design requires careful consideration of access to the drain-pipe and water-supply underneath the sink, as well as any pipes or wiring that may be present in the corner where the sink will be placed.
- Practicality: A corner sink base is a practical solution for maximizing space in the kitchen and providing an ergonomic design that supports daily use.